Why the toxic narrative against Hinduism must be countered aggressively

SWARAJYA MAGAZINE 
By Ashok Chowgule
A Hindu priest performs the morning Ganga Arti Puja before sunrise on the banks of the Ganges river in Haridwar. (Daniel Berehulak/Getty Images)
Vamsee Juluri, a writer, novelist, and professor of media studies at University of San Francisco, sets out a dire situation for the Hindus of the world in his article, “Last Man with a Lightbulb and Not a Word to Speak to His Soul: Why Hindus are Losing the Story War”, published at Huffpost.com on October 7, 2017. I do not dismiss his laments – that, as I said earlier, would be equal to burying my head in the sand. I would like him to consider the evidence and the perspectives that I have provided, with respect to my contention that the toxic narrative is no longer impacting even the few people that it had managed to influence in the past. I would like him to consider my suggestion that there is a need for him to do more of the positive work that he has been doing. [More]